As a Capital One cardholder, you’ll learn the ins and outs of setting up automatic payments for your monthly bill. You can set up automatic payments online at the Capital One website. You can also set up automatic payments through the Capital One Mobile App by following the step-by-step instructions provided. Cardholders are also reminded to regularly check their monthly statements to look for any suspicious activity and to ensure their payments are being accounted for.
Automatic payment is a popular, convenient, and hassle-free way to pay your Capital One credit card bill. How do you set up automatic payment for your Capital One credit card? Below is more information about automatic payment and how to set it up for your Capital One credit card.
Pros and cons of auto payment
With all modern conveniences, there are pros and cons to setting up automatic payments for your Capital One credit card. These are explained in more detail below.
There is no doubt that automatic payment has some advantages. These include:
- Setting up automatic payments makes your life easier. You no longer have to worry knowing that your Capital One payment is fixed every month.
- You can avoid late fees by setting up automatic payment for your credit card.
- Autopayment ensures your Capital One credit card is paid on time every month. This reflects well on your credit score, which makes it rise.
There are downsides to paying automatically for your Capital One credit card. The disadvantages of automatic payment are:
- You may not be entirely free of charge. You want to make sure you set up automatic payment a few days before the due date; Otherwise, the payment may be posted late, resulting in late fees.
- However, you must regularly check your bank statements to ensure that your payments are being credited properly and that there is no suspicious activity on your Capital One account.
How to set up automatic payment
There are two main ways to set up automatic payment for your Capital One credit card, online and through the mobile app.
Follow the steps below to set up automatic online payment:
- Navigate to the Capital One website.
- Sign in to your account.
- Select “Set up Autopay”.
- Select the bank account you use for payment.
- Select the amount you want to pay each month (you can select a minimum amount, balance, or any other amount).
- Click on “Choose this amount”.
- Confirm the information. You have now set up automatic payments.
You can also set up automatic payments for your Capital One credit card using the mobile app. The steps to set up via the mobile app are:
- Open the Capital One app on your smart device.
- Sign in to your account.
- Tap the credit card for automatic payments.
- Select the three dots above “Make payment”.
- From the pop-up menu, choose Set Up AutoPay.
- Select the bank account to link to your Capital One credit card.
- Select the amount you want to pay each month (minimum amount, balance, or another amount).
- Slide to Set up automatic payments.
Setting up automatic payments for your Capital One credit card is a convenient way to keep track of your monthly statement. For more help or information, contact customer service.
Why Did GetHuman Write “How do I set up automatic payments for my Capital One credit card?”?
After thousands of Capital One customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided to publish instructions. So we put together how do I set up automatic payment for my Capital One credit card? compiled to help. According to other users, these steps take some time to complete, including the time spent completing each step and contacting Capital One if necessary. Good luck and let us know if you can successfully solve your problem with the help of this page.
Why does GetHuman Write How-to Guides for Capital One Problems?
GetHuman has worked for over 10 years to source information from large organizations like Capital One to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and the quickest ways to reach someone in large organizations. Especially those with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-service help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more in-depth help solving the most common problems, so we continued to expand this series of guides, which grows every day. If you’re having trouble with our How do I set up automatic payment for my Capital One credit card? -Manual notice, please let us know, by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools are provided by you, the customer. The more people use it, the better it gets.